Etsy Keywords Database Introuction
How to Find Suitable Keywords for Your Etsy Listings
The keyword database is a specialized research tool designed for Etsy. It helps you discover keywords and evaluate their demand and competition.
Follow these three simple steps to use the keyword database:
- Enter keywords related to your product in the search box and click search.
- The keyword database calculates and generates a list of similar keywords based on Etsy data performance, providing detailed information such as competition level, views, and search volume for each keyword.
- Use this feature to select appropriate keywords for your listing. A good keyword should have high views and low competition.
Imagine you are selling a beautiful necklace:
We will search for "necklace" to generate a list of recommended similar keywords and keyword metrics.
You can see a more detailed keyword metrics list by applying filters.
The keyword metrics section provides information about the keywords you searched for. Here's what different information tells you:
- Etsy Competition Level: The competition level of this keyword on Etsy's search results page. The smaller the number, the better your chances!
- Etsy Views: Total views in the last month for the top 100 products using this keyword.
- Etsy Favorites: Total favorites in the last month for the top 100 products using this keyword.
- Etsy Sales: Total sales in the last month for the top 100 products using this keyword.
- Etsy Reviews: Total reviews in the last month for the top 100 products using this keyword.
- Google Search Trend: Search trend on Google executed over the past year. Google search data helps you understand broader user interests.
- Google Monthly Searches: Average monthly searches on Google over the past year. Google search data helps you understand broader user interests.
- Google CPC: CPC (Cost Per Click) represents how much advertisers are willing to pay to appear at the top of keyword search results. A higher CPC indicates good purchasing intent for the keyword.
- Google PD: The competition in Google Ads based on the number of advertisers bidding on each keyword. The higher the number, the more competitive the keyword (up to 100).
- Long Tail Keywords: Long-tail keywords are more specific keyword phrases. They have lower search volume but usually higher conversion value.
We can use these data trends to choose the most suitable keywords for our Etsy products. If you choose keywords with high views and low competition, it means many shoppers on Etsy frequently search for these keywords, and they have low competition.
Keyword Chromaticity Meaning
The keyword chromaticity value provides the level of data performance for the keyword. Here's what different colors indicate:
- Deep Green: The keyword performs excellent; you can use this keyword.
- Light Green: The keyword performs good; you can consider using this keyword.
- Yellow: The keyword performs moderate; consider using this keyword carefully.
- Orange: The keyword performs average; use this keyword cautiously.
- Red: The keyword performs subpar; it's not recommended to use this keyword.
Copy and Export Keywords
To quickly add keywords to your listing, you can click the copy icon next to them to copy them to your clipboard. Alternatively, you can select multiple keywords and copy them all to the clipboard or export them:
You can paste them directly into the tags section of your Etsy listing since they are separated by commas.