Can You Really Have More Than One Etsy Shop?
Have you ever considered creating multiple Etsy shops to increase your profits? Or, do you already have more than one Etsy shop but are wondering if it's worth your time and effort? If so, then you've come to the right place. In this blog post, we'll explore the benefits and drawbacks of creating 2+ Etsy shops and discuss how to make money with 2+ shops on the Etsy platform. So, let's get started and take a look at the potential of having multiple Etsy shops.
Table of Contents
Can You Really Have More Than One Etsy Shop?
The answer is yes and no.
Yes, Etsy allows you to have multiple shops and run an unlimited number of Etsy shops.
No. It's not as simple as just creating another one. You'll need to create accounts for each Etsy shop, list products for sale, promote each shop separately, and track sales from all of them.
Here are more basics about opening a second Etsy store that you should know.
|Questions From Etsy Sellers||Answer|
|Can you have two Etsy accounts?||Yes|
|How many Etsy shops can you have?||unlimited|
|Can you use the same Etsy account to open a second Etsy shop?||No|
|Can you use the same email address to open a second Etsy shop?||No|
|Can you use the same credit card or bank information to open a second Etsy shop?||Yes|
|Can you have the same username to open a second Etsy shop?||No|
|Can you use the same web browser to open a second Etsy shop?||No|
|Can you combine or transfer info from one Etsy shop to another?||No|
|Can you list the same items in different Etsy shops?||No|
How to Open A Second Etsy Shop? (Step-by-step guide)
Creating an Etsy shop is a straightforward process. You simply need to open an Etsy account and fill out some NEW basic information about yourself and the items you want to sell.
- Open up a new browser that has no browsing history with Etsy.
- Go to Etsy.com
- Now Sign in and then click Register
- Click Sell on Etsy and then Open your Etsy shop
- Fill out all required fields (name, address etc.) and click Next Step
- Choose whether or not to use this new shop as your primary shop (I recommend choosing Yes). Then click Create Shop button
- Your new shop has been created!
You Can Have 2+ Etsy Shops, But Should You?
There are many reasons why you might have more than one Etsy shop. Maybe you want to target a different audience or sell different products. Or maybe you're just not sure if your first shop is going to be successful, so you want to start with a backup plan. To help you decide whether or not to create another Etsy shop, take a look at the following part. With the right knowledge and resources, you'll be able to determine if having more than one Etsy shop is the right move for you.
The Pros of Multiple Etsy Shops
Sellers who sell in more than one shop often do so for three main reasons:
1. You can diversify your income and take advantage of the unique selling opportunities that each shop can offer.
With multiple shops, you can explore different types of products, market segments, and even target different audiences. You will also have the benefit of offering a variety of items in different price ranges. This allows you to cater to a wider range of customers, which can help increase overall sales.
For example, if you sell vintage jewelry in one shop and handmade clothing in another, it's good to have a wide range of items so that your customers can shop with you in different ways. It also gives you more opportunities for advertising and promotion, which is always good for business.
2. You can test out new product lines or styles before investing too much money (or time) into them.
Having multiple Etsy shops gives you the opportunity to experiment with different marketing tactics, like SEO and keyword optimization, to reach more potential customers. You can also use multiple shops to test out different pricing strategies and product lines to see which ones yield the best results. Finally, with multiple shops, you’ll have more opportunities for cross-promoting, which can help bring more attention to each of your stores.
3. You can more easily manage the workload associated with running an online business.
By separating tasks between multiple shops, you can easily assign certain responsibilities to each shop and delegate tasks accordingly. This can be especially beneficial if you are selling items that require extra time and effort, such as custom orders or personalized gifts.
The Cons of Multiple Etsy Shops
1. Increased time and energy spent managing shops.
When you have more than one Etsy shop, you have to put in extra time and energy to manage all of them, which can add up quickly. You have to stay organized and manage the different shops separately, which can be a lot of work.
2. Reduced reach.
By focusing on more than one shop, you may be splitting your potential customer base, reducing the overall reach of your business. This could mean that you are missing out on potential sales from customers who would only visit one of your stores.
3. Difficulty maintaining consistency.
It can be difficult to maintain consistency when managing multiple stores. Keeping track of different pricing structures, product offerings, and branding across different shops can be challenging, and failure to do so could confuse or alienate potential customers.
4. Increased competition.
With multiple shops, you may be inadvertently competing with yourself, as customers may opt for the cheaper or more convenient option among your stores. This could cut into your profits and make it harder for any one store to stand out from the competition.
Can you have multiple Etsy shops? Yes! You certainly can. Should you open another Etsy shop? Maybe. It really depends on your individual needs and goals. If you have the resources to manage multiple shops, then it could be worth exploring setting up more than one Etsy shop. But if you don’t think you’d be able to devote enough time and energy to make all of your shops successful, then it may be best to focus on just one.
How to Successfully Manage & Run Multiple Etsy Shops?
If you’ve decided to take the plunge and open multiple Etsy shops, then it’s important to ensure that each shop is managed efficiently. Here are some tips for managing multiple Etsy shops:
1. Develop a System: Create a filing system and/or to-do lists to help you stay organized and on top of tasks. For example, create a folder system that contains records of orders, invoices, and other important documents associated with each Etsy shop.
2. Use Different Passwords: Ensure that each Etsy shop has its own unique password. This will help you keep track of the different shops and make it harder for someone to access all your accounts in the event of a breach.
3. Automate Where Possible: If you’re able to automate certain tasks, such as sending out emails or shipping orders, do so. This will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run. If you are a new eCommerce seller, make sure you understand "what is ERP" first and then find the best Etsy ERP for you.
"With Esale ERP System, You Will Scale Your Etsy Business Faster Than You Ever Imagined Possible!"
4. Outsource Where Needed: Outsourcing some tasks may be beneficial if you don’t have the time or resources to handle everything yourself. For example, consider hiring an accountant to help you with bookkeeping and tax-related tasks.
5. Prioritize Tasks: Keep track of what needs to be done for each Etsy shop and prioritize tasks so you can focus on those that are most important first. This will help you stay on top of things and ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
6. Stay Focused: Finally, try to stay focused on one task at a time. Multitasking may sound efficient, but it can actually be more time-consuming in the end as you end up switching back and forth between tasks.
FAQs for Setting up An Etsy Shop
How to create an Etsy seller account?
Creating an Etsy account is easy and free. All you need to do is visit the Etsy homepage, click on “Register” in the top right corner, and follow the instructions to create an account.
- First, you will be asked to provide a valid email address, username, and password. Once you have entered this information, click “Create Your Account” and your account will be created.
- Then, you will be taken to your account page where you can set up your profile. This includes providing additional information about yourself, such as your location, language preferences, shop policies, payment information, and more. You will also be able to upload a profile photo and cover image.
Read more on how to start an Etsy shop
Can you open Etsy shop without listing?
Yes. Opening an Etsy shop without listing any products is a great way to get started without having to worry about the cost of investing in product inventory. With this approach, you can focus on setting up your store and creating a brand before you start to list any items.
To open an Etsy shop without listing, you need to complete the same steps as opening a regular store. This includes creating a username, setting up payment information, and filling out your shop profile. Once your shop is set up, you can start to customize your shop look and feel. You may want to add a logo, shop banner, and even create collections of products that you will offer in the future.
How to open an Etsy Shop?
Whether you want to open an Etsy shop for buyers in the UK, or for buyers in Canada, Australia, Ireland, or Germany. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get started:
- 1. Register for an Etsy account. To open an Etsy shop, you’ll first need to register for a free account on the website. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be able to access all the features of the site.
- 2. Choose a shop name. You’ll be asked to enter a shop name when registering for an account. This should reflect the type of products you’ll be selling and help customers find your shop easily.
- 3. Set up payment methods. To accept payments from customers, you’ll need to set up a payment method. Etsy offers several options, including PayPal and direct debit. You can also accept payments via Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- 4. Create listings. Once your shop is set up, it’s time to create your product listings. Add photos of your products and provide detailed descriptions, including pricing and shipping information.
- 5. Set up shipping options. You’ll need to provide shipping information for customers who purchase your products. You can set up flat rate shipping or use Etsy’s Calculated Shipping tool to calculate the exact cost for each order.
- 6. Promote your shop. Lastly, promote your new Etsy shop using social media and other marketing strategies. This will help you reach more customers and increase sales. With these steps, you can easily open an Etsy shop in the UK and start selling your products online. With the right strategy and some patience, you can quickly start earning money through your Etsy shop
Read more on How to sell on Etsy UK.
How to get sales on Etsy?
Getting sales on Etsy can be a daunting task, especially if you're just starting out. There are many strategies and tactics to help you maximize your sales on the platform, and while there is no guaranteed formula, understanding some key principles can help you improve your chances of success.
The first step to getting sales on Etsy is to make sure your shop is set up correctly. Take the time to create high-quality product photos and descriptions, and ensure that you've selected the right categories and tags for your items. This will make it easier for potential customers to find your shop. You should also invest in marketing tools such as promoted listings or Etsy ads to increase the visibility of your products.
Another way to get sales on Etsy is to create engaging content. Utilize the platform's blog feature to share stories about your brand or product. Posting helpful how-to videos or behind-the-scenes looks at how you make your products can be great for building customer relationships and increasing engagement. Make sure you promote your content on other social media channels (e.g. pinterest, instagram) as well to drive even more traffic to your shop.
Finally, use analytics (for example, Esale's Etsy shop manager) to gain insights into how customers are interacting with your shop. Pay attention to popular search terms, what products are selling, and where your traffic is coming from. This data can help you optimize your listings and target the right audience for your products. By following these steps, you can increase your chances of getting more sales on Etsy. It takes time and effort, but the results can be worth it!